Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jude Scott: 5 Months Old

Jude Scott,

Can you believe that I have been cuddling, kissing, and tickling you for 5 months now?
It doesn't seem possible, but thinking about and remembering life without you doesn't
seem possible either.  We may not have been aware of it, but our family was definitely missing
something until we met you at 1:31 in the afternoon on December 15, 2012.
You have fit perfectly into our family and brought all of us so much love and joy
from that very moment.  I don't think God could have blessed us
with a sweeter, more handsome boy.  I am so grateful for you Little J.




You are so incredible J Bird.  There are so many things about this stage in your life
that I wish I could capture in a little bottle so they would last forever.

I think it 's the cutest thing in the world how you giggle every time I pull your shirt down over
your head while I'm getting you dressed.  I look forward to hearing this sweet sound
each and every day.  Most kids hate to get dressed, but you seem 
to think it's hilarious, which I think is absolutely adorable.

Although I hate to see you upset, I think it's kind of funny how you roll over onto your tummy
and then get "stuck" because you seem to forget that you know how to roll back over.
I don't understand why you do this and I wish you would consistently start rolling from your tummy
to your  back because I think you would enjoy playing on the floor a lot more if you did.
But I know you'll get it here soon and then you will be rolling from one end of the house to the other.

The way you laugh when you are getting tickled in just the right spot is priceless.
It's as if you put your whole body behind your laugh to make it stronger.
During a really good tickle session you laugh so hard that it sometimes sounds like you're in pain,
but I know you're not.  I guess it's just the way your squeals and grunts come together.
Either way, I think it's so cute and I absolutely love tickling you and seeing your big gummy smile.

I love how you always, as in every single time, grab a hold of my shirt while I rock you to sleep.  
I think it's your way of holding me back and it's absolutely precious.

I love your wild hair.  It is uncontrollable.  I try brushing it down, but within 30 minutes it
is back to standing up in all directions.  It makes me laugh 
because it is so you: loose and care free.





I love you so much Little Man.  You are an amazing baby.
Everything about you, your personality, your movements, your reactions, scream boy
and I absolutely love it, but at the same time you have the perfect amount of sweetness in you.
You're still Momma's little cuddle bug and I hope it stays that way for years to come.
There is nothing I love more than getting all cozy with you and holding you tight.
Thank you for the pure joy that you have brought me throughout the past 5 months.
You are truly a blessing.  I am honored to call you my son and it is my privilege to take care of you,
comfort you, nurture you, teach you, and encourage you.  I will do all of these things,
and so much more every day for the rest of my life. 





Signs that you're getting older:
- You hold your own bottle.
- You are starting to sit up by yourself.
- Once you see a bottle, you get upset if it's not given to you right away.
- You are starting to get your knees under you and your butt up in the air when you're on your tummy.

Your Likes:
- ocean friends
- Dylan the Duck
- playing Peek-a-Boo
- when Daddy plays the guitar

Your Dislikes:
- being left alone
- getting "stuck" on your belly
- having your bottle taken away so you can burp
- sleeping anywhere other than cuddled up in bed with Momma




I love you Jude Scott Williams.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is five months already! I can absolutely see a resemblance between Jude and Emma, both are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5 months!! What a precious smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute and happy! I just want to snuggle him!

    ReplyDelete