Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Heart Stopped Last Night...

...and once I was able to take a sigh of relief,
I gave each one of my babies an extra tight squeeze as I was putting them in the car.
Why did I feel the need to hold each of them just a little bit longer,
to cherish that moment, and to thank God for it?  (I mean all I was doing was putting 
them in the car to come home, a pretty simple task and one that I do pretty much every day).
Well, because just moments before I witnessed how much can happen in just one instant.
I realized how the tiniest window of time can greatly influence the rest of your life
and how, with babies, you can never be too diligent, observant and careful.
Just seconds before, I watched a little boy, a toddler, probably close to Emma's age,
take off running as fast as he could away from his momma and through the parking lot 
of the commissary.  He ran in between parked cars and popped out from behind them 
into two different aisles of the parking lot.  Luckily, nothing happend to him.  
There were no moving cars in the immediate area, but the situation had the potential 
to be disastrous, traumatic, and life changing for both the little boy and his momma.
Thankfully there was also a young teenage boy in the parking lot who saw what was
happening, ran after the toddler, and picked him up out of harm's way.
I can only imagine how grateful that fellow momma was for the young man.
I pray to God that I never have to see something like this again and 
that it is never my babies and me in a similar situation.

Life is precious.  Don't ever take it for granted.
Kiss, hold, and love on your babies
Cherish even the simplest of moments.
I know I will even more so than I already have from here on out.



3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. Those pictures are adorable. Just found your cute blog through the blog hop. I'm a new follower. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

    RebeccawithanR
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so important to never take any second for granted! Beautiful photos! Just found your blog, you guys are adorable! Can't wait to follow along :)

    xoxo Jamie
    www.bnjsefcik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you didn't immediately judge the mom when you shared this. You never know their circumstances and thank God the baby was ok!!

    ReplyDelete