Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why I Love the Weekends: Family Outings

One of my favorite things about the weekends is that 
Daddy, Momma, Emma, and Jude are pretty much together the entire time
(minus Daddy's Saturday morning round of golf).
If we go anywhere, even if it's just to run to the commissary,
all four of us go as a family.  It may seem silly and like more of a hassle 
to get both babies downstairs, to the car, and into their seats for just a quick 20 minute trip,
but we are a family and we like to do things together.  
Spending time together and making memories is what life is all about.
And for me, an added bonus to these family outings is that Daddy does all the driving
so I am able to capture moments like this...


Emma is such a little person.  I know that sounds kind of weird to say
because of course she's a person, but what I really mean is that there really isn't 
anything "baby" about her anymore.  She will even tell you that she's a big girl and I think
this picture illustrates that perfectly.  My sweet daughter is growing up,
and although I miss the days when she was a tiny baby, I absolutely love the 
little lady she is becoming.  She is incredible, loving, intelligent, and hilarious.
She brings a smile to my face each and every day and I am so thankful for every moment 
I get to spend with her and the rest of our beautiful family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment