Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Meaning Behind my Tears

An Easter basket and some plastic eggs
are all this girl needs to keep herself entertained.



















My dear sweet Emma,

With each passing day you bring me more and more joy.
I am constantly amazed by your beauty, your ability to learn,
your happiness, and your developing personality.
I could just sit back and watch you all day and never get bored.

Today was another one of those days where I found myself
looking down on you with tears falling from my eyes.
This has happened several times since you were born,
and I'm sure it will continue to happen for the rest of your life,
(you probably think your Momma is crazy)
but I want you to know that they are the happiest and proudest tears
I have ever cried.  The love I have for you overpowers me, 
and although it may sound silly, sometimes I feel like the best way
to express that love is through those happy and proud tears.

So, Emma Claire, if you ever look up at me and see me crying,
view those tears as Momma's way of saying I love you,
because words cannot even begin to capture 
the strength of my love for you.

Love,
Momma

2 comments:

  1. My Darling Daughter,
    I know exactly how you feel. The love a parent has for their child is like no other love...even when that child is grown! I know we have had our ups and downs throughout your life, but I have never been prouder to have you as my daughter. You are such an awesome mother (just like I always knew you would be) and Emma is such a lucky little girl. Continue to treasure each milestone, for before you know it, you will blink and she will be a wonderful young lady just like her momma.

    Love you always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about that today is the least you will ever love her for the rest of your life, or about the day she drives off in a car for the first time by herself with you knowing she's not a very good driver (no sleep until she gets home that night).

    ReplyDelete