Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Was it Valentine's Day?

*I started writing this post a week ago when it was a little more relavent.*

My blog dashboard and instagram have been taken over with 
everyone's Valentine's Day pictures of their gifts given and/or received,
and their kids all dolled up for the occasion.
I think I'm the only one who didn't dress my kids up
in cute little red and pink outfits for the holiday.
Don't get me wrong, all the pictures I've seen are adorable,
I'm just not a big fan of the so called holiday.  Never have been.
Personally, I think it's kind of stupid.
The gifts and sweet words that many of you received were probably great.
Some significant others probably put more time, effort, and creativity
into the day, gifts, and presentation than others, but nonetheless,
I'm sure love was in the air.

The same was the case in my house, not because it was Valentine's Day,
but because we were blessed enough to get to spend another day together.
I believe love is always in the air in our house.
I think my husband and I do a really good job of expressing
our love, appreciation, and respect for each other on a daily basis.
We do things for each other.  We make each other laugh.
We help each other.  We share the joy that our children bring us.
All of these things, plus so many more, are what makes our love so strong
and knowing that our love is so deeply rooted in each other and in our family
makes me the happiest girl in the world.
I love the fact that we don't feel like we need to
put on a big production to show that we love each other
simply because that's the norm in society.
Sure, we still do sweet, cute little things for each other,
but they are done randomly throughout the year
rather than on a day where many people have come to expect it,
which I personally think takes so much meaning out of it.

So instead of roses, chocolates, and a fancy night out,
my valentine was getting to spend a beautiful day at the park
with my two incredible kids.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.
(Emma's outfit does have hearts all over it, but I didn't put two and two together
until I was uploading these pictures on here.  I guess I was more festive than I thought.)








Jude enjoyed the time outside too.
He is such a handsome, smiley little boy.



The husband and I vowed to show our love for each through the little things of every day life.
Our children will learn how to love and how to be loved based on the example
that our relationship provides for them.  It is our mission to give them
the most perfect example we possibly can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment